View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM

zenafish is on a distinguished road

Each species has its own needs. My suggestion would be, base on the equipment you're planning to provide, identify a species and check for availability (main supplies now are reidi for CB, soon hopefully erectus, as Ray already mentioned Aussie CB we're out of luck), modify your equipment list as needed, and research lots and lots about the species. Meanwhile, cycle and prep your tank.

There are more readily available seahorses but they're more risky. These would be tank raised (could be just as bad as wild) kudas (mainly through Big Al's or Ocean Direct online i.e. NAFB here in Toronto), which you might end up with all different species, and they might not eat frozen readily.

Safe to say the research process (along with cycling a tank) would easily take up 2-3 months.

Hopefully by that time BWA will have their CB erectus in stock

** Taking a break (per say) from the hobby, but keeping a selected few seahorses to show and tell. Bye bye fishroom and hello display tank :S