View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Sadly this truck has been a lemon since we brought it home. It has been on a flat deck more times then I can count. Frank picked it up form repairs once, brought it to the car wash and had to have it flat decked out of there an hour after it was picked up. We put our trailer on it, and it blew the tranny, and Ford didn't want to fix it then, but the dealer fixed it.

I know the dealer wants out fo their responsibility to fix the truck. We had the truck taken to another dealer for head gaskets earlier this year and they told us the truck was not covered due to a lift kit. What the lift kit has to do with a head gasket is beyond me. We took it to our regular dealer and they fixed the EGR cooler instead of head gaskets. I told hubby the truk was still blowing white smoke and his air conditioning and heat hardly worked due to low coolant levels.

The amount of time and work that have been missed because of this truck is unreal. I know it seems like a good idea to take the 2009 truck but the payments are even more on the lease and I hate the truck. My husband had his truck fully customized and dealer built, which makes it an extension of himself. We also don't want another Ford and are stuck with this truck and are expected to pay for the repairs if we don't take the other truck. The dealer will have to pay to repair our truck anyways in order to sell it again.

My plan is to go to both dealers where the truck was serviced and obtain the records. Then I will call Ford and ask for their reasons for not fixing the truck in writing. I was thinking of getting the media involved in some way or another since this dealer is still building these trucks. I want to do some undercover work and find out what they do for warranty on these 2009 F350 with the lift kits and oversized tires and rims. Who would pay this kind of money for a truck only to have no warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
^^^ I was just going to mention this. I had a similar problem with a car I owned down in the states where the dealer said the warranty was void because there were after market mods. In the end they could not prove that the mods caused the problem and had to honor the warranty. I would look into this first as other have said. Unfortunately I find Canada does not quite have the same protection for consumers that the US has and the consumer often seems to get screwed here...one of those situations where all the rights you have in the US is a good thing.

Really sorry to hear about this. Personally I find if you stay calm and work through it, it will get resolved. Just don't panic or stress too much and certainly don't give up. I find retailers will often try to get you to give up quickly or easily to get out of things but if you persist they often "cave" or end up working things out. Sometimes it just takes time.

Good luck!