View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 10:54 PM

element291 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
Well, your in Ontario, ask me again in about 9 months what my bill is. Alberta is following the same failed energy policy of Ont so I wouldn't hold me breath that this $30 tank cost would hold out for much longer.

I am bracing myself for a %100 increase in my utility bills by end of next summer, once the Alberta 'rip you off and do nothing carbon' tax starts eating away at our economy. Then when the feds get a share in another year or so..I will be lucky if my Enmax bill will be under $700/month. People say I am crazy and it won't happen here in Alberta, but they said the same thing in Ontario. Look at your rates now! > %150 increase in less than 2 years, and that isn't just on generation or actual usage of power, your transmission, distribution fees etc tripled!
Oh yes, just the distribution before any energy costs the bill is $60

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
im guessing the trend is less power consumption with the masses using LEDs and with the influx of energy efficient powerheads and DCpumps...

is it still recommended to have 2 dedicated circuits for a system? I want to prepare for my upcoming 300g display.
The hydras I have still run quite a bit of juice although not as bad as MH or T5 of course.
I would say get yourself 2 circuits for sure as I just got one of my 800 watt heaters plugged into my apex and alone it runs my amperage from 7 to 13 amps.