View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:35 PM

corallivore is on a distinguished road

Careful. Some of the tinkerers take offence to the more laid back approach. I firmly believe you can build a beautiful system that is nearly self sustaining outside of the odd water change. I just did my first w/c in three months...I can leave it for weeks without feeding it (only 3 fish, copious amounts of pods and other fauna and the right inverts to stir things up). I keep sps and lps and zoas. I'll admit, I've added some corals that can't handle my system so there has been some trial and error. I also think my magic bullet is a sea hare and I've always found the more my hands are in a tank, the more things go wrong. It's adverse to what an LFS will tell you but it works for me. I've had saltwater tanks since 2001 and been using this methodology for the last 5 or 6 years. Mostly because I still love the hobby but the constant pouring of money and especially time got old. So now it's come to this. I'm not saying this is the best way. Only that it works.

Last edited by Myka; 05-19-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Each sentence doesn't need a new paragraph haha