View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:31 AM

RGS88 is on a distinguished road

This is not correct... at least on my RSM250 (4 months old). Bottom rocker switch is for manually turning off/on the back water cooling fans. The top rocker switch is for switching on/off the blue LED moonlights. The instructions on page 22 of the RSM250 instruction book also confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
If you look under the timer cover, there are two rocker switches. make sure they are both in the l position, this sets the fans to come on when the lights are on.. Now saying that, I don't use the lighting timer, I manually switch them on and off with the rocker switch in the control box. You will have to read up if this works using the timer.

heat is always an issue with a stock RSM... Have you ever looked at just how huge that stock skimmer pump is? As well as the pumps for circulation?

I removed the stock skimmer and am using a little bubble magnus, and I also took out the left side recirc pump and put in an eheim pump.. And i leave the flap up in the back.That pretty much solved my heat problems, except on the very hottest summer days. When it's mega hot I put a piece of egg crate over the little open area in the back left side ( this is with the back lid thing flipped up) and set an old computer fan on it on a timer that runs it 5 minutes an hour during the day.

Hope this helps
Shelley

And... 3 Miniature Schnauzers