View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 AM

nanoreefnewbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
I'm actually not site Shelley as we didn't test. We do have a aide now though. Basically hos liverock isn't live and is not porous basically small boulders. The other is with 40lbs of solid rock there's isn't much water left in a 17g tank.....no water and no filter are a bad combo.

I sent Garrett home with about 25lbs of nice purple mature rock right from my system nice and porous too.

Now he has a fresh start with new rock and new water, small wait for 2 weeks then he comes back over for our first water test.

In the meantime he needs to get himself a small decent Skimmer and I gave him some rowaphos to try out

Sometimes a stepback is needed to move forward.

I believe his dense liverock and small water volume made for a unpredictable system....no stability.

Good luck buddy remember come see me in 2 weeks and we move from there.....in the meantime go for a nice hike or build a snowman....the tank doesn't exist for 2 weeks k lol
Yea a step back was needed took a huge leep towards tho...i got a skimmer got ,my mini 7 gallon sump goin with the algea and red Sea weed you gave me...im not gunna lie got a free tiny frag had too throw in.too see it survives or what.but other then that what tank lol...