View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

OK. Tore down the fw, cleaned the Flora and it now is a sw nano. Took pics but won't have time till Monday or Tuesday to post pics.

This is only version 1. Using a very basic LED light with some blue moonlights at the moment. Getting a custom "DIY" light built after tracking down most of the components last week.

V2 will be "blinged" out with the new LED lights. We have to do some testing. Will be trying out 2 x 10w emitters (1 6500k or 10000k; 1 blue 455 nm blue); 3 x 10w (1 white; 2 blue); or a combination of 1w to 5w emitters on small heatsinks with built in fans. These will be hanging off custom stainless steel bent pipe holders.

V3 will be the final evolution of the nano for this contest but won't have time to complete the other "DIY" projects till Christmas break. This one will have new pump and heating system, to go with the new LEDs. V3 will be a full-on technology tester for my friend and I to tinker with. If it works out, then I will upscale the new tech onto my other bigger reef tanks.

Anthony