Thread: reefkeer elite
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Phil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmonton Eskimo View Post
I did a tonne of research on the various controllers out there and initially the concensus seemed to be towards the apex. The more reading I did it seemed to even out a bit. The cost was a big factor in my decision to go with the digital aquatics reefkeeper elite. I am in no way familiar with the apex so this is in no way anything against that product. The rke is exeptional imho, I was a bit daunted at first but I took it one step at a time. I programmed my temp probe with my heater to regulate temperature. Worked flawlessly. Next I set up at the timer for my mh t5 combo, I had 2 different duos of t5s come on an hour apart and then the mh an hour later and the shutdown was opposite. Again worked flawlessly. Yesterday I purchased an ai sol led module and if I have one issue with the rke is that there isn't a dedicated cable to hook the sol to the alc module that will control the sol. U have to do some splicing of some wires. Its by no means a difficult process but just seemed kinda silly to me. However once spliced and plugged in to the rke I am super pumped at the outcome and again works flawlessly. My next steps are to program an auto topoff and set some feeding times and such. All in all I am really pleased with choosing the rke as it is easy to use and works flawlessly. I recommend this product to every reefer looking for aquarium automation. On a side notebit still kinda feels weird not having to worry about all that stuff, lol.
Hey I have the vdm apex box and cable for sols if your interested