View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 02:19 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

I have a single Lyretail anthias. I originally had 5 that i added when i upgraded from my 30gal tank, and after having them for a month i added a flame angel from another reefer that had something and wiped out my entire tank except the Male anthias and my Blenny.

I have left this guy as a single since that incident, i have now had him over 3 years.
He eats pellets and whatever else is thrown in the tank. I have NEVER fed multiple times per day. Just once. Mostly pellets, occasionally i remember that i have frozen foods and the tank gets a single cube of that but normally just Omega One marine pellets.
He is not shy, complete opposite, that tank is his. He rules my entire 65gal. He bosses around my damsel. He rules the wrasses that are bigger then him. He is a fat beast. He is slowly getting his stunning purple male colours.
This fish is bomb proof.

I had a group of 4 disbar or dispar.... whatever.... in my 30 gal. Never had issues with them eating or being shy. They ate pellets after a few days of cyclopeeze. Again only ever fed once a day. Had them a few months before a bad waterchange wiped my whole tank.