Thread: AEFW WARNING
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 03:01 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Fwiw. It has always been buyers beware. Education to make people aware is the only way to keep this infestation at bay. People have no right to sell knowingly to other unless they disclose. This post should've been a public warning instead of a witch hunt. If there is anything people can get out of this thread is to raise awareness on how to deal with incoming corals than that might not be a bad thing.

I don't point fingers at no one and the only person Who is to blame is the person putting that tinted frag into their tank naive enough to think it will be okay. Local fish stores are the first one who are responsible to teach their clients but on the contrary they are probably the worse offenders of selling aefw and other pest infested corals but unfortunately this is the way it is.

Anyways, if it ain't you then don't worry about it. why all this fuss for no reason. Bottom line is if it goes in your tank the owner is ultimately responsible.

Myka, being an expert, can you give some examples of how people can identify and avoid buying from potentially affected tanks. I have always looked at the general health of the sps for signs of bite marks and it's underbelly. Corals that are pale and have dead spots on the base are likely been prayed upon. Fresh cuts and cutting off the bases of incoming coral is vital to keep your system safe along with dipping methods I suggested on my previous post are all preventitive measure to aid you with success of keeping sps.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013