View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 AM

sweet ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Truly some stunning pics there.........and some sweet sticks too!
Thanks fishytime!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatreefguy View Post
That aquascaping (among other things of course) is out of this world! I'm so jealous!
thanks medhatreefguy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Excellent photography! When you use a macro lens like that does it make the backgrounds real black or is that something you're doing in CS2? Jeez, my Canon G7 just got uglier!

Your aquascaping is really great too! My tank is a standard 90 gallon...same as yours, but 48" instead of 60". You have done a great job with the rock considering the width and height. I wish I had the patience to do that!

Btw, I'm pretty sure this coral is Montipora samarensis "Forest Fire". I have one, and it looks just like yours.
Thanks Myka!!!! no the macro lens doesn't blackout the background. I don't adjust this in CS2 ether. they are black because am shooting through the aquarium and the whole room is typically pitch black with the exception of the aquarium lights. I also under expose the picture when am shooting them.

As far as the rock work believe it or not i had a mock-up aquarium and made papermaches first to see exactly what i wanted to do and how I wanted it to look, from there I put the rocks together oh and the rocks are not glued just pegged.

thanks for the positive ID on that coral. I'll make a note of that one.