View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 AM

garwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
Not really discontinued, they just have so much output for the area that they cover that they never really caught on. Each one put out i think 240watts and covers around 24"x36" which is quite alot more light then almost anyone with a tank less then 4ft deep needs. SO as opposed to getting one and running it at 20-30% most people would rather get one that is more spread out and can run in a higher range and also cover more area for the same $.

I think the 2012 is perfect fize for a 5ft tank and can be used on 4ft if you don't mind a bit of spillage over the sides of tank.

Yes there is a new light with some cool options coming down the pipe. But they have been working on it about a year now and it keeps getting pushed back every time they find a new option to add or internal component that can be better. SO i don't expect to see them for at least 3-6months. When they are finalizing the new design i should get one around a month ahead of time and will run it to see how it goes and let everyone know it is getting close at that point.

I will email you the layout when i am back in office later and for now you can just check the product listing as it should have the layout (at least color wise and # of what color). Will send exact layout so you can see where everything sits when i get a chance today.

Hope this helps.
hi, any news on those new lights. getting close to the time for buying lights and i am thinking the 2080 for a 36l x x24wx 20h tank. think this is good size? thanx