View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Not sure what salt you use but I use IO and AF

IO we all know is low in mg and ca alk closer to 9.5 and above
When I do a 25g wc with this salt I add about 6 tbsp of calcium chloride to buffer the ca closer to 460. Mg I don't bother as my tank was reading above 1800

For AF salt I don't add any chems.

I think once you have figured out how much your tank consumes daily then checking alk weekly same with ca and mg is fine. As long as you're starting off with a base line dose you can tweak the cycle.

I am currently dosing 7ml of sodium bicarbonate 14 times per day of my solution as its quite diluted tho about 8tbsp to 2.5 l of water. The reason for spreading the doses is it will raise ph and in a smaller systems of 100g it can rise quite quickly if dosing larger amounts in less doses.

Everyone's tank is different and consumes less or more so should test new batch of SW mix to see where your params are then add to it to get it as close to the tank params. Most people aren't too fussy but that will help your params to stay more stable.

Now I am testing every week and a half and the alk is always rock steady at 8.5 ca above 420 and mg 13ish.

I am actually more concerned with making sure po4 is low so my tank will uptake more ca

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips

Last edited by tang daddy; 02-24-2017 at 04:59 PM.