View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 AM

CoralineCori is on a distinguished road

Thanks Kevin, I will try adding some zooplankton later today I have Kent Zooplankton as well as Reef Crew's Nannochloropsis Oculata. When you ask if I mixed salt do you mean mixing the marine and reef crystals to gradually ease into the new salt water? If so no...we ran out of the marine and chose to try the new stuff without even thinking about it. other wise yes I mix the salt water and then let it sit over night to completely adjust etc. I was reading up on some chemical additives and heard that they could burn corals that are in the path of powerheads. What I have observed though is that these corals look like they are trying to hang in there and I noticed that my Gonio is a bit more perky. We knew getting it that its survival rate was not the greatest, but we decided to try it out. We have already had it longer than some LFS can hang onto them lol. Since I have tried everything I can thnik of, my only concern now is when to pull out the corals (if they dont make it) so they don't release any toxic substances and spike the tank. I really dont need a crash on my hands!

Michelle