Thread: BC fires
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:17 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

So I got an update today from the fellow in Willies puddle who took in some area fish

As of three days ago he along with a few others transferred everything into eight 10 gallon buckets and several containers and drove from Williams lake to PG then down 16 and highway 5 to Kamloops in a 14 hour drive Where he has setup a temporary home in his brothers place he did lose 5 fish to stress he thinks and he moved as much coral as he could with him. He still might lose some fish but this was an unexpected and unprecedented move with no quick end in sight.

The good news per se is 2 of the people who left their fish with him are in Kamloops and have since recovered their surviving fish to Rehome with them at their current places.

Evacuees in PG have been told that those who live in Williams lake can return if they wish but very little is open and what is open has next to nothing for food stocks as no resupply is possible ATM and air quality is extremely bad plus power is quite sporadic as well. Those in evacuated areas can expect that at the earliest it will be at least another 5-7 days before they can return.