Thread: my 46 Gallon
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM

goby1 is on a distinguished road

Hey, we have the same tank!

I set mine up in Sep/04 and have had good luck with it. With a young family and full time work, I've kept it fairly low maintenance which probably has a lot to do with success in this hobby (maintenance that is). Keep a diary of everything, it'll come in handy when you need to look back.

I started with FOWLR (50lbs), a Remora skimmer and PC lighting. Over the last 2 years I have dabbled a bit and added a sebae anenome for the clown, some frogspan and star polyps a friend gave me and some pulsing zenia. There's also a rose tipped BTA that hitch hiked on and has grown from tiny to about 3 inches across.

I was interested in the comment about the sea star. I added a white sand shifting sea star after about 3 months of setting up the tank and have had zero issues with it. It does a fantastic job of keeping the sand clean. My sand pretty much looks like the day I put it in there. But then, that's pretty much how this hobby goes, one person has one experience and someone else has another. That's not to say not to learn from others' mistakes - that can help you to save a lot of money and headaches.

Take your time and have fun with it.

Last edited by goby1; 12-26-2007 at 02:41 PM.