View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I have a large clown and he's a piglet, A guy on here had to sell him as he was getting too big for his reef so I took him into my fowler he ate nori like it was going out of style like half a sheet all to himself. Eats half a tiger prawn like a champ lucky fish. So I thought I would try other meat to mix it up. We were cooking a braised pork dish and while cutting the pork I tried to feed it a half thumb size fatty meat piece to my amazement he ate the whole thing in one shot.

Meat is meat so I thought there was no diff and like a trigger or puffer fish was going to be picky anyhow. I'm going to the local fish stores and seeing if there any leftovers salmon stomach that I could feed it and my puffer to get some natural fat in them, please share if anyone has done this.
Salmon is the wrong kind of fish to be feeding triggers. You should only be feeding "white" fish meat. You can grab some pretty cheap fish from T&T market or even Save on that will last months in the freezer. I used to feed a lot of different fish meats to my triggers/puffers.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 01-26-2009 at 05:23 PM.