View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco
Reef raf yours is a distinct problem. Perhaps you have said or done something to **** your LFS.
But please remember new reefers read this board and yours is poor advice.
There is nothing wrong and everything right in asking a LFS where a fish came from
There is nothing wrong and everything right in asking to see a fish feed.
My God, for the benefit of new reefers tell them that you agree with me please.
Mine is only hypothetical, I am still welcome in my local stores. But they do all get fish from the philipines.
There is nothing wrong with the intent of the act that you are suggesting, just that realistically, I don't think the new consumer will have any luck actually seeing an invoice.
The feeding thing came from the LFS clerk above, I have no idea why. Viewing feeding is reasonable and every LFS I've visited has obliged. Ryan is picking fights where there was none.

I realize I come across as an ass on this topic, but I think I am accurate in my portrayal of the industry. I truly admire the intent of your actions, and wish this topic didn't even need to be discussed. Unfortunately, greed is the motivator in many fish stores.
That is why I maintain that the consumer learn to look for signs of a healthy fish and does not need to rely on the "advice" of the LFS owner/employee. Oh, and make sure the fish feeds before taking it home.

Naesco, although it may not be obvious, you and I are on the same side. I just call a spade a spade, instead of hoping it turns to a diamond.