View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 03:33 PM

rjengen is on a distinguished road
Default Room divided by a tank...Need idea's / Pictures /

Does anyone have their tank set up as a room divider, or something to that effect, with the tank being framed into the wall, as opposed to having a stand / open top? I'd like to see some pictures if you have em guys. Long story short...I shut down my 75g tank couple of months ago due to an oversea's project, the stars have alligned, and we're building a new house. I'm working month in, month out till the end of summer, so I have time to build this set up right.

Basically, I want our tank in the basement...When you walk down into our basement, there will be a small hallways, with doors leading to the bathroom, storage room, and furnace room. I'm going to have a doorway built leading into the family room. At this doorway, on the left wall, I want the tanks side viewable from the hall...with the tank built into the wall. Once you enter the family room, my desk / pathetic home office will be to the left of the doorway, with the 6" side of the tank fully viewable from me to drift off into space while sitting at the desk.

If someone has an idea, a picture, or something...please could you help me out and share...I'm 90% I can do this, and have it look wicked. I know it for a fact, because Dez did it with his tank in a round about way...and it's by far one of the nicest setup's I've seen. I'm just curious on how people have framed it up.

Rob