View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 10:59 PM

thebrinc is on a distinguished road

It's full of WATER!

...but first things first. It was a real mind bender figuring out how to get the foam in under the tank. With 10 foot in length and no real way to lift this thing up I spent a couple of sleepless nights devising my master plan. I was going to tip the tank up from the front, slip some foam in there and then do the other side. The forces working in on it would be way less, although I would be point loading the bottom edge a LOT. That being said I only needed to lift this thing by 1/2". As always there were some issues but we figured them out and, long story short, it worked like a charm!

All you need is two heavy duty suction cups, two 4x4's and two cheap hydraulic car jacks.

A couple of creaks and groans later and the front was up. Had to synchronise the two jacks but all in all it was pretty painless.

With the foam underneath I put in a 2" floor drain into the crawlspace, just in case

To be honest, the stress of filling this thing right in the house was more then I was comfortable with... but there comes a time when you have to suck it up and just do it! After sticking a hose pipe in there and running it for a couple of hours it seems to have been worth it! No leaks!

I'm thinking of keeping the tap water in there for a week to see what happens. Really impressed with how it settled, didn't even hear the floor creak once!
Fingers crossed...

The seams are mostly covered by the steel angles so it's hard to see how they're holding up to the pressure. I'll try and get some photos up close though.

So far so good!!