View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
did you install the meter or was it already installed? Mine RO unit isn't spectrapure but looks identical. I got a 3rd party TDS meter (looks exactly the same as the one on yours) to hook up and the instructions told me to hook the "input" TDS leads inline with the output of the RO membrane. This can tell you if your membrane is going or not. I am currently reading a TDS of 3 out of my RO membrane.
It was pre-installed as was the membrane flush (which I use pretty regularly). I've only made probably a few hundred gallons since I set the unit up so I guess it's possible the membrane and sediment/carbon filters are doing a good enough job to give me 0 TDS as an output.

I also found a more extensive manual for the model I have on the Spectrapure website. I only received a three or four page guide which didn't have details in it, only set up instructions. This manual says if I get anything but a zero on the output from the DI it's time to change my DI cartridge and my waste water/clean water ratio should be 4:1 and if it's lower then I need to replace my unit.

Sure helps when I get the whole instructions huh?