View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatkins View Post
Yep, this is totally accurate.

It sounds like the backfeeding thing as mentioned above. The original intent was to turn the exchanged on automatically when the A/C was run. But the opposite is also true.

You could have already done some serious damage to your A/C condensing unit if you've had the cover on. And besides, it's costing the same amount of money to run it right now as if it was the middle of summer, since the A/C and exchanger are both running at the same time.

I would call in a qualified HVAC person ASAP before any further damage is done.

EDIT: You may need to/want to invest in a good thermostat (I.E. Honeywell Vision Pro) that has a separate programmable output for the exchanger.
I don't think any damage is done as I have never really used the exchanger. It's on a manual switch which is almost always left off. We actually turned it off right by the furnace for most of it as we had little fingers going around turning on random switches in the house and we didn't want them to turn on the air exchanger. I am just finally realizing that maybe I should use it more and have come accross this problem.