View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyd72 View Post
Congrats on the Powermodule, these are amazing fixtures.
I have the 10 x 80w. I got mine last March from Reefgeek, this was the first 10x80 PM in Canada, I was on the waiting list for three months. Yes, bulbs are expensive, I just received 13 new tubes from reefgeek for $400. I can't find any 80W bulbs in Canada
I have mine set up on a sliding rail, so that it slides back into my fish room, I found this works best as I usually have to fix corals or move something every few days.

You should also raise it for the first month or so to assimilate your corals to the new type of light, as T5's evenly distribute light unlike metal halides, your corals may start to bleach from the new light.

Another idea is to run your fan speed higher instead of 4 switch it to 7 or 7.5(can't remember the exact number off hand). This will help your bulbs run a little cooler. I also have a small fan blowing across the unit's fans.

Good advice, I love my lights! I wish I had room for a slider, much easier than the cable suspension wires. I just raise the unit up to clean it.