View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Well, I have no experience with angels, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

I have limited experience with fish, so when I purchased my sailfin tang back in November I was totally caught off guard when it developed ick. At the time it was advised to me to ride it out, because tangs are ick magnets and it's not uncommon for them to go through a quick bout after introduction, because they're compromised slightly because they're stressed because they're in a new environment and etc. etc. etc. I was told to make sure I fed it well, feed it garlic, and it would come around.

Well, I did, and it did. All better now.

When I first got my yellow tang when I first got into the hobby, five years ago now (not the current YT I am currently caring for, different fish), he developed the black ick. In that case .... I found the 4 minute freshwater dip, was all that was needed. Spots fell off, and never came back. My take on this is, the fish was in a new environment, got stressed, got the spots, the freshwater dip was nothing more than a band-aid over the symptoms, but the fish recovered his immunity in time and that was the real causitive agent for his recovery.

So, consider this. Feed it well, consider a freshwater dip, and another thing you can check, is your SG. Check that it isn't elevated. I.e., make sure it's 1.025 not 1.026 or 1.027.

But, maybe none of this applies to angels. Maybe angels are really hard to keep. I honestly don't know; and hopefully someone who really does know can jump in here and give you some good advice so you have that to go on instead of my useless banter. If nothing else at least I bumped your thread up.

Good luck!