View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 02:29 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
What on Earth do you do to it? I've treated my phones and their batteries terribly (outside in -40C for several hours, dropped once a week, etc) and I've never cracked a screen or killed a battery. How does this happen? Is it just a bunk battery? My laptops needed new batteries, but they are 7 years old...
Well, a few things..

1. my phone is like 4 years old, which by cell phone biology makes it rather geriatric.
2. I'm quite abusive with my phone as well. I run with it quite often which means it is constantly exposed to sweat (and sometimes tears). I run with it all over the world and in the winter so ya, there's definitely hot (ran outside in a humid +40 degrees) and cold (ran outside in a chilly -40).
3. I had my battery replaced this past spring but that didn't really help much. I'm suspecting the charging mechanism is defective now or there's major corrosion somewhere in the phone causing a short.

I could do the whole hardware upgrade thing with my carrier but I've been holding off on that because all the new phones are so gigantic. I'm still rocking an old school 4.7" screen which fits my dainty hands (and pockets) perfectly. In fact, I'm pretty sure they stopped making cell phones altogether and have started to just manufacture small/mini tablets that happen to make calls as well.

oops, I think this stopped being so random.