View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I can tell you, unless you have a special tank sitter your paying for or a very very good friend, you start asking people to spend 3 hours at your place making water ect and your going to be looking for some one else the next time.

Steve
A professional aquarium maintenance company will spend as much time with your tanks each day as you're willing to pay for.

As I said above, I always had all the water made up for the tank sitter, he just had to put it in the proper places when it was needed. He did mix up saltwater himself for waterchanges using the RO/DI that I had stored for him. If I had the space at the time I would have had all the saltwater pre-mixed for him too.

I have been using this same aquarium maintenance company for a few years now, and he is very reliable. When I was away in June this year he came to my house twice a day for a week because of certain situation that called for this.

In the end, a person does what s/he feels comfortable with and hopefully that combined with some luck is enough to keep our reefs alive while we are gone.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 08-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.