Thread: New To Edmonton
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 AM

slivermaster08 is on a distinguished road
Default New To Edmonton

Just thought I'd introduce myself here. Moved to Edmonton about a month ago and had to leave all my fresh water tanks with my girlfriend in Vancouver. I am starting to shop around for tanks, stands, and lights to now get into the hobby when I move into a new place at the end of this year. I'm hoping the transition from fresh water to salt will but smooth but I doubt it will be... so I'm going to be reading lots on the forums and checking out the last few shops in town I haven't visited (I'm not avoiding you Red Coral, I promise!)

I was asking around for what good places there are to rent here in Edmonton because I'm hoping to find a better area and apartment (landlady is sketchy and the apartment is not well maintained). Does anyone know demographically where some of the better areas are to live and avoid? I remember Lyndsy at Blue World recommended the Ellerslie area so I'm definately going to be taking a look down there but if anyone else has suggestions I'd be more than happy to take a look at where they recommend! I'm trying to find somewhere I can meet some people and be social instead of hermit away with the fish and coral. Ideally I would love to live in an with a younger crowd around my age (25ish and starting a career) but I'm not going to be that picky.

I'll be posting on here more and I'm sure I'll get to know some of the Edmonton users probably through getting frags, equipment and live rock!

Cheers