View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM

o.c.d. is on a distinguished road

Marlin65 sorry my other camera is not here at the moment. I'll try to describe what my set up is. Shelps, No I wish. The night gear is what I am trying to simulate. You can do this a few different ways for my light source I'm using a speedlite 580EXll with a gel filter (blue) over the flash. I also use a strip of 10 blue LED's on a oscillating arm, this is so I can focus. I think night gear is the way to go because it is way brighter maybe to bright that is why I don't have one yet. You can even put a blue filter on a flashlight.So far I like my flash hand held the best. For the camera lens a yellow screw in filter (had to order). Then the custom photo tube built to fit my camera and lens. If any of you guy try this keep in mind it can be very difficult to hold a camera over a tank try to focus and hold a light source without dunking something in the water. I like to take multiple pic of different things so I don't like a stationary light source. I also built a rail and handle to hold flash and multiple other light sources. I'm still experimenting so I would love to here different suggestions or what works for you if you try this.