View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 PM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
this is a BALLIN' design. I have seen the vortech wave box idea on nano reef implemented via a custom acrylic box that slipped into the back of a standard Solana cube but i never heard much about it after the build.

If i am interpreting the design correctly are you using 4 mp10 pumps (ie one for each of the holes)?

If so i have an idea for you instead of ugly egg-crate (considering you spent so much time making it beautiful!) Have an acrylic pro make you a grill that will slide into that hole snuggly.

question about flow though - does forcing the pump output through those tight diameter holes (in relation to pump diameter) mean you will lose the wide flow capability of the vortech units? Or do the vortechs only generate flow through the front of the unit and intake water through the sides? Or does it not matter given the wave box design?
as it sits right now the plan is just to have two vortechs, the bottom holes are to allow water to enter back into the chamber. I may end up taken the abs plastic to a shop and have them cnc some nice grills where the holes are but need to weight that against cost lol