View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 05:56 PM

Son Of Skyline is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Son Of Skyline Send a message via MSN to Son Of Skyline
Default Final Lighting Purchase...Which one to get?

Please don't flame me for posting up another lighting post, I've done every search I could and I've read pages and pages of posts on lighting...but here goes...

I'll be upgrading my lighting in the next few days and I've narrowed it down to a few choices as they reportedly have similar performance (i think) and they all work out to roughly the same price for me. Which one of these would you guys use over this tank?

27gal 30" long x 12" wide x 18" high
SPS/Clam tank
3-4" DSB

1: Single 150w HQI 10k pendant without actinic

2: PFO EYE 250w ballast with Iwasaki, spider reflector and single 95w VHO actinic

3: PFO EYE 250w ballast with Iwasaki, spider and single 24" NO actinic (about $100 cheaper than the rest because I've already got the NO actinic)

4: Single 250w HQI 10k pendant without actinic (This one's about $50-$80 more than the rest, so it's only a maybe)

Either way I'm going to be hanging the main bulb from the ceiling, and if actinics are used, I'd be making up a mount to hang a bit over the back of the tank. Suggestions?