View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Tankboy is on a distinguished road

No ill effects on the fish and inverts, SPS have great color but crappy polyp extension and seem to have stagnated in their growth. LPS are still doing well. Not sure what the NO3 spike was from as the tank is now 2 years old and feeding and maintenance is consistent. The block was added, then about a month or so after adding, my Nitrate went up. thought it was a faulty test kit as I was always close to Zero testing with API. To be sure I bought another API and a Salifert. Both API test kits are now binned as my results were all over the map between the two API kits. I personally think it was the block that caused the NO3 swing...only because it was in a very low flow spot in the sump. I believe it needs to be in a high flow area so it can get good flow through the whole block.
125 gallon Oceanic mixed reef, Maxspect 150, MP 40QD x 2, EShopps 300R Refugium, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2x Kessil AP700's, JBJ ATO with Advanced Acrylics ATO reservoir, Apex Next Gen with Neptune dosing pumps....and a bunch of other stuff including a lot of joy...and equal amounts of frustration!

Last edited by Tankboy; 10-28-2016 at 05:33 PM.