View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 PM

Tiansho is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Aquatronica Controller (ACQ 115) Review Part I

This review is based only in my experience. I bought the controller because I wanted to have more control over my new 80 Gallon tank. I have been in the hobby for about 3 yrs now and I love it.

I bought Aquatronica due to the convenience and I saw the post from Oceanview Enterprise about aquatronica offering a great controller to the market. $$$ helped spark my interest as well.

I will not compare to Apex or any controller because I have no experience with those controllers.

I am currently using (ACQ 115) DELUXE AQUARIUM CONTROLLER EVOLUTION KIT which contains the basic unit, the power unit (8 plugs), Salinity probe, PH Probe, Float sensor, Redox probe and Temp sensor. I also bought the PC Interface and Ethernet Module.

Set up of the controller was a bit confusing at first, due to my lack of experience with controllers and sensors. I used the Aquatronica site, with all their downloadable manuals to help me through my set up.

The PC software is user friendly (opinion). I barely use the basic controller, all my programming is done through my PC.

I still have to set up my e-mail alerts and remote access.

PH, Temp and Salinity are lab grade probes and work great. You can change your units output. I currently Use Celsius for Temp and PPT for salinity. Aquatronica advises to Calibrate your probes every two or three months, on which I am planning to do.

I will post pictures in Part II of the Review.

If you are thinking of getting the unit, Eric from Oceanview is a wonderful person to deal with. Also, if you are new to controllers as I am, ask or buy for as many probe holders as sensors. (already looking for some holders for my unit)