View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 AM

patman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gp Scott View Post
I purchased the cord from torx and have apex neptune with lab grade probs and energy bar 8. Most of the videos on line are old ones. I guess one good thing is I can give someone my password to sort it all out if I have too.
You'll find with Apex that it can do a lot but you have to keep buying parts to make it do more. Your build is similar to what I'm working on and here is what I've come up with so far. As your base unit is in the basement and your lights and jebao pumps are upstairs you need the VDM module so you have the 0-10v ports to plug Torx's cable into (or you will need to change the cable you have to make the cord reach from upstairs to those ports on your base unit. If you get the VDM module it will need to go upstairs which means you will need to get an aquabus cable long enough to reach from downstairs. You can find a 15' M-M cable pretty easy but my distance is more than that so I'm having Denny order me a 15' M-F aquabus cable also. He hasn't ordered mine yet so if you need one get him to order another one.

For the Radions you will need the WXM module which can connect to the radions wirelessly so you would not need that upstairs. On the forums for Apex, I read a few people having issues with connecting to the apex as apparently Ecotech has to supply the module and the firmware updates to Neptune systems to make it work and Ecotechs reeflink system gets the updates first and then later Neptune systems. The latest update was hoped to solve some of the problems people were having. For that reason I ended up going with the Reeflink system instead.

Programming isn't the easiest but after you do it a bit it gets easier and the manual makes more sense. I have what you have (minus the radions) on my current system and found I needed to use a combination of the manual and the forums to figure things out. There is some program examples for the jebao in the forums but I didn't really like them and have been playing with some of my own settings. I did use that programming as my base though, except I'm changing some of the timing parameters.

If you want to pm me your Apex user name I can let you look at my setup. I'm assuming you managed to get Fusion set up??

Last edited by patman; 09-11-2014 at 08:07 AM.