View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road

Thank you all. I have had the lights out completely since we moved the tank from the boyfriends house to mine, but the room its in does get quite bright from sunlight during the day even though there is no light directly hitting the tank.

I do have a skimmer, but I have not hooked it back up since we did the move as its currently being put in a sump that we are finally adding to the tank.

Might I add I am using tap water, I just ordered the 5 stage plus RO/DI unit from BRS. I'm super excited to finally get this thing and I'm hoping it will help with the algae problems.

I also purchased a GFO/Carbon dual reactor from BRS which will be going in the sump as soon as the reactor comes in.

I'm also making a refugium compartment in the sump for some chaeto.

So to come in the next few weeks: Sump with chaeto refuge, carbon/gfo reactor, protein skimmer, and ro/di water(finally).

When I add all of these things is it likely that my high nutrient levels will go down, and algae will finally be taken care of? I don't dose anything, currently all I do is feed my fish 1/2 a frozen cube a day... Is the fish food enough for the high nutrients and algae?

I also removed the deep sand bed that used to be in the tank, we are basically running bare bottom with a 1/4 inch of sand just enough to cover the bottom for aesthetics. I cleaned this sand like CRAZY before putting it back in the tank when we moved it to my house.

Thanks, sorry I forgot to add all of this before.