View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 03:55 AM

st0rmtr000pa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
I've used it on all my tanks, and my shallow 60 as of three days ago. I like it, easy to cement together (hydraulic cement, e-marco etc), and you don't really have to do much more than rinse and dip it in RO for an hour or so to get most of the dust out/off. I haven't noticed PO4 spiking months later, there really isn't much of any dead organic material to break down (unlike pukani) as it's a quarried material.

If you want to break the pieces down a hammer and chisel will be pretty easy, and it usually breaks off with a lot of character left in the rock, rather than just a sliced section. You can also cut it with a wet tile saw to get a flat, stable bottom for the glass if that matters.
That’s great to know thanks Kyl! I think the rock looks much better than live rock myself. Plus it seems much easier to scape and you have much better outcomes. I’m just going to cycle mine for a month in a garbage can and hopefully that prevents and phosphate leaching if there is even any to begin with. What type of setups are you running with the rock? Pictures?