View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Slider777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDude View Post
I saw this on a Mr. Saltwater Tank episode but I have serious doubts as to his impartiality. I also red a bunch of reviews on the product and a big chunk of them claimed it did nothing. In my book, that means that either it's snake oil or at least tricky to use somehow.
I read some of those reviews as well, they are abundant on reef central, however I think you can attribute a great deal of them to people's inability to accept change. I got the feeling many of them were stuck in their ways, but I mean if they prefer the traditional method, and you don't mind waiting a whole month or more, go for it. Another interesting fact is Dr Tim wrote his doctoral thesis on the bacteria that exist within marine aquariums, you can even search for it and read it if you feel so inclined. So if the man creating this has a PH.D in the subject matter he must know something about what he is creating. Again it worked well for me, no tricks, you can even read the instructions online, but to each their own.

I also had the eco reefer rock to start, so I had nothing, in terms of beneficial bacteria, until I added this product.