View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 12:27 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

For the past month I've been making little adjustments and slowly finishing off the install. This past weekend I spent a day completing most of the decorative finish on the stand. I opted to do some nice solid wood finish because I wanted the aquarium to match well with the bookshelf and bar that are also in the room. As a Carpenter I thought this would also be a good opportunity to show off my finishing skills... or just to practice and get better at them.

So how about some equipment details? Perhaps I should have started off with these...
120gal sump (its the old tank)
Reeflo Hammerhead Gold with Barracuda impeller and Oceans Motions 4 Way for the closed loop
Reeflo Dart return pump.
Precision Marine Bullet 3 Skimmer with Iwaki 70
Precision Marine 622 Calcium Reactor with Effluent Chamber
BRS GFO and Carbon dual media reactor
Neptune Apex Full with IO Breakout Box, Lunar Simulator and an old DC 8
Three Sunlight Supply LumenMax 3 pendants, two on a dual Blueline(?) ballast and the other on a Hamilton HQI.
300cfm Nutone ceiling exhaust fan on Humidistat
AirWaterIce Typhoon RO/DI
DIY Kalkwasser Reactor
Princess Auto Powerfist 300cfm industrial blower fan.
Two Tunze 6105 for the sump/frag tank

The equipment room is insulated with Roxul for sound, has a vapour barrier, and two GFCI protected circuits. There is also a 4" hole in the exterior wall to allow fresh cool air to be drawn as a replacement for the hot humid air being exhausted out.

Later I'll take a full tank shot as everything is now and type up a stock list.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour