View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 03:35 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

1 I dont know about the mac book thing but i am pretty sure it works ok. I have never seen anything on the help forum where a mac user is having problems.
2 You cannot use a router unless it has bridging capability. Most dont, their just access points. Get the wireless gaming adaptors. $50 and easy to set up work like a hot damn. My apex sent me a email today on my iPhone telling me that my tank went over 80Deg and then shut of my MH lights.
3 I built a cabinet to house all my electronics outside of my stand. I lost my last tank because of having my connections in my stand. I mount the display on the wall beside and above the tank. Check out my build thread.
4 For float switches you will nedd to get a breakout box. About $60 and that will allow you to run up too 6 switches/ water sensors etc. The apex comes with a ph and a ph/orp port. If you want to run more than that you can add modules for like $150 each that will give you salinity/ ph / orp/ temp etc but the base unit will give you the 2 ph you need for a cal reactor if you are not running orp.
5 Every year the get better and cheaper, just like all things electronic.

Apex just came out with a Vortec module that will allow you to controle 4 vortec pumps from the variable ports that will now controle tunze pumps/ led's/ or vortecs