View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 04:42 AM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Im actually running led with t5 best combo to date for me . Benefits of t5 and at night I can use the kessils for moonlight . Running a tek light fixture 2 bulbs a blue+ and an ati actinic mixed with 3 x kesill a360we . The fixture was cut out in the middle for the kessils to sit .

As for fish shops Wai's is a good place he has really been good on pricing lately I think he reads the forums he has the best mix of livestock with decent inverts , nice coral selection , and great selection of fish . Got a sunburst for $89 wich is pretty good price , yashi goby for $49 not bad

Golds is a great place for fish Dennis takes good care of his fish , coral selection is lacking and not much for inverts outside of snails and regular hermits .

Oceans is hit or miss usually has good fish selection but for corals kinda lacking if you are into higher end corals

Concepts is a great shop to best place for tanks , cheapest food/equipment, pricing is good all around actually , not much for out of the ordinary for inverts but have seen cool stuff there like walking dendros . Got a ruby red scooter for $25 there cheapest I found .
Pices is a decent store for foods I found the lrs frozen foods there , they also have a lot of the reef nutrition food live tigger pods , not keen on all the aptasia in the systems it has got a little better but still to many for my liking , pretty expensive there all around .

I go to all the shops but now that I have 2 mature systems I dont get to add much , so when I buy Im looking for specific livestock more hard to keep uncommon creatures and high end corals. So lately I have been buying mostly from Wai's for livestock . Really wish it was easier to find bumblebee shrimp in the city it really shouldn't be this hard lol . So all and all I recommend all of them really Welcome back