View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:41 PM

zenafish is on a distinguished road

My favorite would be the scooter blenny. That is, out of the many fish I have had with seahorses, the one fish that never bothers the seahorses in any way.

With that said, I am unconventional and like experimenting. Many do's and don'ts are generalization of majority. There is still good chance you get the other side and find balance with creativity.

Right now, I have a 6" yellow wrasse, a 1.5" yellow tang baby and a large bangaii cardinal in the 65gal with my H.erectus, which are larger seahorses than H.barbouri. These fish were leftovers from my old reef tank.

The yellow wrasse is the faster swimmer of all three fish, and he does compete with the seahorses for food. I feed a lot because the horses are wild and it takes a higher food density for them to take interest. So my fish are somewhat serving as CUC.

The cardinal generally just hovers around without causing trouble. He likes to eat from the water column, whereas my horses eat from the dish as well as the tank bottom. Very little conflict there, except during live brine shrimp treat time, then it's game on.

The yellow tang is still a baby. It's the most docile of all and very shy anyway. So the horses actually boss it around. I am keeping a close eye though, because I know that as the tang grows, it will be needing a new home when its confidence reaches a bothersome level.

Last edited by zenafish; 04-23-2010 at 12:46 PM.