View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

I'm currently in the Auto industry and have been for 15 years. I work with dealerships all over the province and for the most part they are all very good.
Here is my take on your situation. Because of the lack of good used vehicles in BC and because of the good dollar, many dealers have been buying "grey market" vehicles (ones out of the US). The are many rules in BC to protect the consumer and dealerships try very hard to follow these rules...but because US vehicles do not always report their accidents, there is very little the dealer can do to identify these. I doubt Nissan will help as they are dead set against the import of US vehicles into Canada.
My guess is that the only place you will ever get resolution is from the goodwill of the dealer.

Do you use the dealership in any other way than the original purchase? Many times there is so little money made on vehicles that dealers focus their goodwill spending on customers who help keep their doors open. You might be able to use that as leverage.

Best of luck to you...that is a bummer of a situation.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.