View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 09:01 PM

corallivore is on a distinguished road

My Chihuahua is reactive.

He hasn't bitten anyone and we work hard on his socialization and he's always improving but if he ever does bite someone, they're not going to die or be permanently disfigured.

If he snaps on another dog at the dog park, there will be no vet bills or death.

I get that there are good dog owners and bad dog owners.

I just never could understand why apologists for breeds that are genetically predisposed to protection or even outright aggression don't understand that the consequences of their dog red lining is far more severe than a dog who was not bred for war, fighting or protection.

These dogs are more dangerous than other breeds and because of that, they attract a demographic of ownership that wants that image which in turn just creates an even worse perception for these dogs.

If any of you who say I've been bitten by this breed or that breed, for the most part, had you actually been bitten by one of the true bully breeds, you would be hurt much, much worse.

Genetics are facts and you can't get rid of them. you can train and control but you can't control triggers or their environment all the time.

Many dogs are herders, some are ratters but some are bred to be able to inflict the maximum amount of damage and to take an incredible amount of pain and just keep going.

I've known some wonderful bullys but I have also known some that scared me.

I can't say that about many other breeds.

Last edited by corallivore; 09-28-2016 at 09:05 PM.