View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 07:55 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46er View Post
I was pretty stoked for this but $900-1200 initial investment and $40-60 a month? considering I test a couple things regularly dialing dosers in and nothing else unless corals seem un happy its a big investment.

Im not interested in $600 now for a firsst gen product when they havent even released final pricing on the discs.

Ill wait a year or 2 until some non biased opinions come up........or I win the lottery

plus I dont really care to know my PH or my temp. my controller does that. Id venture to say anyone dropping this kind of coin on a parameter monitor has a controller and 90% of people dont bother with PH I dont need to know my CO2 my O2 or my ammonia. the first 2 ive never tested and all is well and I cant see anyone using this for a tank cycle since you really only need to test after a month or 2 and not daily.......

I havent added any MG in probably years and it sits at 1400
dont run zeo so the K isnt a big issue but this is something I would keep on the disc since lots of people do and would find it useful.
So basically out of the big 5 things myself and what im assuming most people ONLY check if that many (alk, ca, salinity,nitrate, phos) this only has 3 of them..............when they have nitrate and phosphate on it and a 500 ish price point Id be seriously contemplating it. right now im not even thinking about it.

also where and how do they come up with 14 grand for 13 different test kits?????????? are they comparing an entire city combined cost over an entire lifetime against the initial cost of this unit??

I'm starting to feel the same, as I care for Alk, Ca, Mag, K would like to see Phosphates and Nitrates as well.... spending 500+ a year in test disks to accurately monitor Ph, is just not justifiable.

I'm going to keep my pledge until closer to the date as I'm not yet charged for it anyhow as I'd like to see what MACNA will bring out of this product.