View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 04:00 AM

Son Of Skyline is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Son Of Skyline Send a message via MSN to Son Of Skyline
Default How fast does aiptasia grow?

Quote:
Originally posted by delphinus:
Well .... hmmm I'm more worried about the clam being moved into a different tank and about to be moved back. Personally I'd just pick off the aiptasia and leave the clam in it's permanent home ... these guys stress out so easily and basically one day it will just be gone if it stresses out too much (apparently nothing takes so good to tankmates as a stressed out clam. Doesn't matter who/what the tankmates are!)

I think if you can't see the aiptasia on the shell anymore then you probably got it. The problem with aiptasia is in things like rocks or things with deep cavities/crevasses ... those are the ones you won't be able get all of them since they bury themselves so deeply. But on something like a clam shell or something like that without the deep crevasses/cavities you should be able to get all of it....

Good luck!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the info. The clam is actually doing quite well in the quarantine tank...which is actually a normal 10gal nanoreef. Maybe I'll make this tank his permanent home...until he grows out of it of course!