View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

A new year, and new beginnings...
I thought it was a perfect time to fill the tank with saltwater The husband completed his part of the project by securing the pipes, adding the back to the stand and pushing the tank to its permanent spot. So now he can go back to his spot on the couch

After a couple of days I added my first live thing - a ball of chaeto in the sump fuge section. Hope it likes the pink light. Then I moved over a few rocks and a bit of sand. The old tank is only 3 feet away so I'm planning to move things over in stages. I'm pleased to see the little sponges and feather dusters on the rocks are still happy. (I forgot to not expose sponges to air, oops) I'm seeing the tiny white things on the glass just as I did with the old tank. Never did figure out if they are pods or what.

I'm waiting for my new 32" SB Reef light to arrive to add to existing one. I have saved a spot next to the sump for an ATO container but I'm not sure what to use yet.
In the meantime I am mulling over plans on how to safely catch my little pistol shrimp as he will be one of the first to set foot in the promised land.