View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:27 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

"Convenience Charge", what next? I just purchased a ticket to a concert in Kelowna online & the price breakdown doesn't show either PST or GST, but this Convenience Charge. Convenient for who, certainly not me? Honestly, what the H is this? A hidden tax? Who's kid am I helping to send through college with this charge? So an initial $59.00 cheap seat ticket ends up costing $70.75 due to an $11.75 Convenience Charge? Convenient for me would be if ZZ Top came to my living room to perform instead of me driving from Vernon to Kelowna, finding a parking spot, rocking out to the tunes & then driving back from Kelowna to Vernon.....

Not finished my rant... I look at some of my utility bills & in addition to GST, PST, I see franchise fees, carbon tax, clean energy levy, 5% rate rider.... argggh. And all that sheeet is on top of Fed & Prov Income tax, Municipal Home Owner taxes, sewer, water & the list goes on.... Is it time to simplify our tax system or what? Might mean some bureaucratic job cuts, but I just don't care, I'm all taxed out! Time for a revolt, anarchy even. Clearly our politicians are incompetent at every level and their all spending like drunken sailors... on the wrong things. Otherwise there wouldn't be homeless folks looking for handouts on the street, or hospitals with light a bulb campaigns to help buy much needed medical equipment & finish new hospital towers... how many other charities are out there???

'Kay, I think I'm good now, Merry Christmas.

Last edited by mike31154; 12-18-2013 at 01:32 AM.