Thread: Macro lens
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:54 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
My Sony has no macro lens, even though it has all these macro settings.

{1st. thing I never knew}

So I see online a macro lens for $30 US. Yahoo, I order it. Nice lens but its the same as the mag glass method I used before, just nicer to use and certainly a clearer and better picture.

{2nd. think I never knew.}

Whoop-dee-do. Great for corals at the front. Or lily,s in my wifes flower bed. Suppose thats why it cost $30.

I,m guessing for macro pics of the corals at the back or the tank, one needs some type of telephoto macros lens. Can you tell how much I know about camera,s.
which camera did you get? I just bought a Cannon rebel and man am I impressed. for your corals that are farther back if you don't want to use the macro lense just put the camera on a tripod focus/zoom all the way in and then move the camera back just far enough for it to be in the begining of the focal range.. I used to do this with a lot of my pics from my old fuji camera when they were out of range of the macro.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.