View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:59 AM

Synthesis is on a distinguished road

Update:

So have been dealing with bryopsis lately. I have my nitrates and phosphates both testing at 0. Which I am certain is leading to some color fade in my corals. Most noticeably the SPS. I have been physically removing it and I think I have it under control. I also have some red algae, which looks like a macro algae that is growing on the rocks. Which is collecting some kind of other algea and looking brownish. You can see it on the photo below on the single rock on the left side.

On a side note....water and electricity don't mix. I electricuted myself during a water change. Long story short, I spilt some salt water on the power extension cord that I had my return pump plugged into. When I was done, I went to unplug the pump and bam.. electricity started flowing through me. Could hear it in my ear! I managed to let go and stumble backwards. It sure woke me up! Thankful I didn't have any body part in water at the time! In ally years of owning an aquarium..this has never happened to me before.

I decided to learn from this and order a new server rack 8-channel switch. And will have this mounted up in the top part of the stand. This way I can control the power that runs to the pump that returns the new water to the tank. Lesson learned.

Updated photo:

Last edited by Synthesis; 02-06-2019 at 03:06 AM.