View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 03:40 AM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

1.009 is the "target" salinity I've read of in the past for hyposalinity as well. Tonite the Lionfish is doing the "shake" and has "shed" once as well. I read some time ago Lionfish will shake and leave a "cloud of mucous" behind. I'm so glad to see he's in the game too now Guess what the most common word in my vocabulry is tonite...?

I dunno' if waiting this out is a good option. I've got the 20g quarantine running right now and I have enough water prepared to get the 40g goin' tomorrow.
Mitch, keeping the "main tank well fed..." Are you refering to the quarantine/hospital tank(fish) or the bio-filter in the main tank.
Deb, I haven't tried OSI flake. I will. The Tang mentioned is in my other tank and is doin' great. It's the Damsel, Lion, and Lemon Peel Angel in my 90g that are givin' me ulcers... I like to think my "tank care regime and levels" are top-notch. I like my fish more than most people I meet... I shortened quarantine on this fish by a week because it looked awesome from the start. Any regrets...

There's some humour here though...this afternoon I was warming a pail of water in the big sink downstairs and I had my floating thermometer/hydrometer in there and I figured I'd give it a "stir" and snap...busted the hydrometer. There's that word again...
So tomorrow I'll get some OSI flakes and replace my hydrometer. All fish are infected. Might as well pull 'em and treat 'em and admire an empty tank for 4-6 weeks eh ?
Would you agree it's best to move the fish with their parasite infested Sikome Lake water and then reduce SG as Mitch said. 3-4 days. It'd be less stressful than "clean" water.