View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 06:21 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

Have no fear Bob, we all know you're no angel !
And Tony, no such thing as "useless banter". Not when "throwin' ideas around" tryin' to solve problems. Glad to hear your Desjardin Tang recovered. I've wandered about that a few times.
So, hyposalinity...with live rock ? (Copepods etc.) Obviously the Starfish and the beginning of what corals I've put in place would have to come out.
The salinity level has crossed my mind though. I increased it from 1.022 to 1.026. I did this approx. four months ago when I began adding corals. Too much reading...? Soft corals will do all right at levels I originally had ?
There has been a stress factor atop of the relatively new enviroment. Me. I've been screwin' around in there more than I should and I know better. ops: That's easily corrected/eliminated. Diet's been premium/varied. Haven't done the garlic thing as much as I had with the Tang. (It was much simpler soaking Nori in the juices.) What is an effective method to obtain garlic "liquid" from from fresh crushed cloves ?
So, over the next few days I'll adjust SG. Should I use a kalk mix or just water during that process :? ?